Monday, April 16, 2007

The Weather Sympathizes With The Terrorists

Today is one of my favorite days of the year: Patriot's Day. It's a made-up holiday they celebrate only in Massachusetts, honoring such luminaries as Patrick Henry, Benedict Arnold and Bill Belichick. It's also the day they run the Boston Marathon, but I doubt the average citizen of HoG Nation gives a rat's ass about swift Kenyans and women that mess themselves.


No, Patriot's Day is remarkable for a simple fact: the Boston Red Sox play a Major League baseball game at 8 o'clock in the fucking morning. I love day baseball, as it gives me a convenient excuse to not work, but I normally need to wait until 11 a.m. Mountain time to commence Operation Shutdown. But one Monday a year I get to blow off the TPS reports the second I get to the office, and today is that glorious day.


Except Mother Nature and her bitch ass have thrown me a curve...a wicked Nor'Eastah has pelted Boston and pushed gametime back to ten, when it's sure to be delayed again. Now I have no excuse not to work, other than this fucking blog. Expect numerous morbid posts today, such as what my belly button lint smells like and how many times one can jerk off under his desk.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry your game got pushed back, man. You've got another 150+ so don't fret too much. I've always been a fan of the day game as well. Hell, it's just another thing MLB has stolen from my youth.

Anyway, I know Bankmeister won't like this one, but I'm takin' bets on what week the Chiefs O-Coordinator (Mike Solari) gets fired this year. I'm sayin' week 8, during the bye. Now that Will is gone, he's officially DONE. Got any guesses?

blairjjohnson said...

Mister Nathan, you'd better decide how many pelts you wanna cough up on that one. Show me one OC that's been fired in/by Week 8 ever, and I'll consider takin' your money, er, I mean, fur/skin. The retirement of perhaps the best right guard ever to play the game has absolutely zero to do with the subjective measurement of an OC's success. But seriously,though...you'll be in town in a few months -- I'll lighten your pockets for you if you must.

rustoleum said...

I'd say you could jerk off at least 10 times, but I know for someone your age getting it up once can be a major accomplishment.

Unknown said...

There's a first time for everything, man. In reality, I know that Carl can never admit a mistake, so they won't fire him. Maybe he'll wise-up and step down. I'm not sayin' that he's responsible for Will's departure, I'm just sayin' he's screwed. I think we'll find it difficult to identify a worst OC in the league next year. Too bad, but maybe it'll result in the upper management shift our team has needed for years.