Monday, April 9, 2007

Oh no, no. Too high, it's too high.


In the fields of journalism and sportsbloggery, the most overrated goal is that of the "scoop." No one gives a shit who was first, unless you are first and you are wrong.


That being said--I am the first to advance this theme on all of the Internets. So I want credit, Dan Patrick, Bill Simmons, Dan Shaughnessy, or any of you other big-name ripoff artists. This is my scoop, bitches.


The Cleveland Indians play in a shithole city that is blanketed in snow. Today, after cancelling a doubleheader for the third straight day (they have not played an official game since last Wednesday), the team announced it is moving its home series to Milwaukee's domed Miller Park.


I'm not sure how many soldiers in HoG Nation know this, but Milwaukee has played host to the Indians before. Old County Stadium played the role of Cleveland's Mistake By The Lake ballpark in Major League. I know this because back in college I used to bang a girl from Milwaukee who served as an extra on the film. Other than that tidbit, the only interesting thing that ever came out of her mouth was my junk.


The Brewers' radio voice, Bob Uecker, also played the role of drunken Indians announcer Harry Doyle.


Anyway, my theory is that this little bit of meteorological karma will propel the Cleveland Indians to the World Series. I know, it's a stretch, and the Tribe can't pitch a lick, but sometimes to take home a championship you need a little help.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What's your beef with Cleveland, man. Shithole city? Whoa ... take 'er easy, now.

Cleveland is one of the best sports cities in the US.