Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Update on 'Holy Trinity' Definition

One week after Deadspin posted its pretty-impressive interview with Kenny Mayne, With Leather's Matt Ufford has published his. I'm not interested in comparing the journalistic integrity of either site, or its writers. Nor am I interested in scrutinizing interview styles or selected questions. Suffice it to say that they are all good. Very good in fact.

I am interested in two items, however, and I will share one of them now, and the other after the jump.

Important reflection number one: I trust, under all that is holy and kharmically oriented with the axes of the globes and the nets, that the House of Georges interview with Kenny Mayne is not too far from being just around the corner. Now that I've said that...

Important reflection number two: The holy trinity, thought I'd previously viewed it in more of a classical sense, substituting words like "Unitas" for "Brady," is as such:

There's no real rhyme or reason. Ichiro makes an appearance early, and there's no real reason; I just happen to like him. I put in some players -- football being my favorite sport -- I put in the holy trinity of Favre and Brady and Joe Montana. And there's a couple others that sort of match what I'm talking about [in the book].


And there you have it. Note the lack of words that rhyme with, say "Smellgay." That is all.

2 comments:

Cecil said...

What's so surprising? He's a Seattle kid, right? I imagine he grew up a Seahawks fan. What Seahawks fan wants to go all Stockholm Syndrome with their torturer?

As per Brady, I can't say he won't be part of the conversation, but let's wait 'til he's retired to start it.

blairjjohnson said...

English, please. English.