Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Insert Lame Question Regarding the Buzz



For the record, I haven't seen any of the Costas program aside from this clip (courtesy of Deadspin). Anyone that wants to get up to speed regarding summaries of the program's content, can do so at Fire Joe Morgan, The Big Lead, or, in some regard, Kissing Suzy Kolber. (Update: Ape has chimed in.)

While I'm still starved to get more on the program and reactions about it, I think the deepest sentiment I have right now is this:

Was there a rehearsal of sorts for this prior to airing? How well does/did Costas know Buzz Bissinger? I'm baffled at how unprofessional and discourteous he was. Who, exactly, does he think he's standing up for? The established-and-paid-journalist segment of greater mankind? Hopefully for his sake, he didn't think of this as an opportunity to plug himself, because I have heard of his book, but will (now) never, ever buy anything that sends royalties to the Bissinger household.

I'm sure there will be much more on this today, tomorrow, and even further along in the blogendars.

0 comments: