Friday, May 25, 2007

Peculiar Gesturing


I'm not sure what El Rey had in mind when he went to make this gesture, but I do know one thing. This story has gotten really old. The wife and I had a lovely stay in sunny Costa Rica. In the few moments I was able to escape to the bar, the only sports highlights available -- in extreme redundant nauseum I might ad -- had to do with a silly sport that's very popular down there.






I, for one, don't get it. The Royals were on a tear (thanks for keeping true to the "win while Bankmeister's out of the country then return to crappy baseball mantra upon his return" guys), the Sabres proved that I shouldn't try to pick a Stanley Cup Champion two months before the finals, and some other things in the wide wide world of sports happened as well. Like you, I didn't give two squirts about them.




Not at first anyway.










But I return home, and, strangely, find myself longing for more highlights of guys like these:












And guys that bow to/wave this:









Heck, even paying attention to guys that dress up like who knows what, just so they can root for their club and lock arms with Jose Lima's ex-wife other adoring fans would be cool at this point.




Anything to make the ever-so-sleepy Green/Peterson debate go away, and go away fast.

It wasn't easy down there. I had to learn what baseball statistical abbreviations in Spanish look like/mean. I had to wade through tired seas of sweaty Yankee-capped fans dancing salsa, and wait until every other piece of futbol-related news had been covered 400 times just to find out whether or not the Royals had won.

And this is what I come home to? Come on. Let's move on, already. We have a Huard brother. We have a mighty young SEC grad waiting in the wing. Let it play itself out. When the deal is over, let's cover it then. Not before.

I don't wanna get the Master of Verbalization all tired out before pre-pre-season mini-camps OTAs are over. Last time I checked, that would just be flustrating.

3 comments:

rustoleum said...

Who's Trent Green?

blairjjohnson said...

Remember that "Best I've Ever Done Trophy" you created in the fantasy baseball league you "commission"? I believe you placed a photo of said quarterback in question under the title of aforementioned trophy. The HoG finds your humor unhumorous, your wit more like tit (the saggy kind no man wants to slob on), and your sexuality under large scrutiny. Perhaps you sought House of Georgesteinbrenners. That place is boring, unattractive and gay. And you'd really fit in. Just sayin'.

rustoleum said...

Oh...he's a golfer? Who's going to be the QB this year for the Chefs...and what happens when LJ holds out?