Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Sports Life is a Rock Song: Nervous Breakdown


Yes, dipping my toe into the SLiaRS territory, and damn, it feels...well, pretty much like it always does when I post: somewhat addled.

So we're going straight to the heart of American punk rock for this one. Black Flag's classic transcended lead singer, whether it was Chavo or Dez or Hank or any of the other random assholes who occasionally hopped onstage for Greg Ginn and Co.

And to say the least, it accurately describes the current state of any thinking Bronco fan.

With Brandon Marshall wrestling a McDonald's bag and Mike Shanahan firing his GM and Pat Bowlen inexplicably crying poverty and the middle linebacker and the (deep breath) many other issues that confront Orange-n-Blueville, how can we not feel thus:

I'm about
To have a nervous breakdown
My head really hurts


Man, if that ain't the troof. And then the injury to Tony Scheffler--really a continuation of last year's aggravating foot problem--and hearing John Clayton badmouth 'em on local sports talk radio, and that same station's insistence that losing Jason Elam was the signature issue of the offseason, well...

If I don't find my way outta here
I'm gonna go berserk


Testify.

If, on the flip, we manage to scrape together a half-decent season, then we'll visit America's Greatest Hardcore Band--maybe "Six Pack," or if it involves Philip Rivers, "My War."

0 comments: