Saturday, May 31, 2008

Dissension in the Enemy's Ranks; or, What's Better than Flapjacks?


One of my favorite stories of the week centers on an employee of a certain Kansas City franchise. Why? Because it has nothing at all to do with any sport besides American tackle football.

The guy in question is Napoleon Harris, starting middle linebacker for the Kansas City Chiefs. He was considered a pretty good player even a few years ago, and the Chefs weren't bad on D last season, so the guy can obviously still play, even if just a little. Which might be why he's evidently a tad ticked off (courtesy of profootballweekly.com):

Chiefs MLB Napoleon Harris, whose starting job is in jeopardy, had an interesting exchange with the Kansas City Star. After admitting that written reports about his tenuous job status contradicted what he’d gleaned from the coaches, Harris was asked if he was a “happy” employee. “I am an employee of the Kansas City Chiefs,” he deadpanned.

Huh. Well, I once worked for IHoP. They asked me to wear the giant pancake costume, I refused, I quit. (In retrospect, that would have been better than washing dishes cleaning up puke in the bathroom.) During that extremely short period of time, if someone had actually asked me what I did for a living, I'd have said "I am an employee of the International House of Pancakes."

Or, not putting too fine a point on it, the guy is fucking hacked off and disgruntled. Could this mean Herm's rep as a player's coach takes a hit? Could he try and force a trade? Will it all blow over? Does Jason Whitlock really eat all the burnt ends on a bun every time I try and get some?

Photo from plainfolks.com/weblog/Pancakes


0 comments: