Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Your 2008 HoG MLB All-Star Game Interruption

Wait a minute. I'm confused. This is all too much information for me to process. I need the CyberWebs, the Blogosphere, the WWL, someone, to help me make sense of what just happened. Trust me, I'll sit through seven Brett Favre interviews, six picture sessions of Josh Hamilton hitting homeruns in a derby of sorts, and 47 Travis Henry arrests/violations if someone could please point out to me what in the world just happened.

So, here we are at Yankees Stadium. (Editor's Note: This is the last time an All-Star game that will be played at this park because they're building a new one.) We've seen three and two-thirds innings. (Note: Really. The last time. I know. Our breaking news is a bit much to digest. But, really: the last.)

There are two outs, and Texas Ranger Milton Bradley just reached first via a screwy throw from Hanley Ramirez. That was totally weird. I'm completely uncomfortable even as I type. So we're up to our next batter, but there's a throw over to first! That throw was from Carlos Zambrano to Albert Pujols...

...and Bradley is out?!? What? Out? The first-base umpire just called Milton Bradley out for having too big a lead on first base and not getting back to the bag prior to the pitcher's throw to the first baseman, who then tagged him.

This is so f***ed.

Wait, what the...? They're going to commercial! Is this call really going to stand? Jesus. It is!

I didn't tune in in time to catch the names of the officiating team for this evening's contest, but I'm going to do some research and get to the bottom of this. Clearly, they (especially Blue at first) have no idea what just happened. I mean, you can't take a throw from a Venezuelan to a Dominican and call the African-American on base out!

This is so jacked. I mean, did they even stop to consider how this would've panned out if Bradley were a Cuban? Geez...

I'll tell you what: I did. And there's only one result: World War Three. These guys have got to be more careful with their words. Otherwise, trou-ble.

0 comments: