Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Baseball In The Daytime: 9-11-07

Following another devastating night in the big leagues (for me, anyway), the boys have to lace up the spikes and take the field early today. The Tigers and the Rangers play two at Comerica, with Game One scheduled for 11:05 Mountain. I'd feel sorry for Detroit, seeing as how they had to play Toronto last night, but I'm like Fuck Detroit.

There's nothing more boring than listening to someone else talk about their fantasy team. So sit back and enjoy a description of my meltdown last night.

My starting pitchers last night were Roy Halladay, Tim Lincecum and Horacio Ramirez, who I picked up just for the occasion. Ramirez got smoked and couldn't get out of the second, but that's what you get out of a September 10 dumpster dive. Halladay was brilliant, coming within one out of a complete game win against the Tigers. Then Casey Janssen, on the roster of my opponent, Arvada Schwag, imploded and blew the game. Asshole.

Later, Lincecum pitched another nice game and stood in line for the win. Then Brad Hennessey, who's on my roster, gave up a three-run jack to some dude I've never heard of. And just to deliver two more shots to the nuts, the Red Sox lost 1-0 to the Devil Rays while the Rockies lost on a walkoff Ryan Howard double (after getting screwed out of a Yorvit Torrealba grand slam to boot).

Anyway, those Detroit bastards sit 3 1/2 back of the Yankees in the wild card race and send Chad Durbin out against Vincente Padilla today, on XM 181. Cheers!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yes their is ... listening to Red Sox fans talk about their run to the Playoffs, AGAIN ... BORING.