Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pickin' & Grinnin': Week Five


As distracted as we all are by these phenomenal baseball playoffs, we have some money to make.

I really wanted to bet against the Chiefs all season long, but then they went and acted all above average and shit. I know the Jags are tough and rugged, but Arrowhead is the real deal. At least until Commissioner Goodell follows through on his threats to eliminate crowd noise. The Pick: Chiefs +2

Ah, the Texans. I took the week off when they played fellow gambling value Atlanta, but this week I am once again pushing all my chips to the center of the table. The Pick: Texans -6

The awfulness of St. Louis has yet to be fully understood. Scientists are, as we speak, recalibrating their shit detection instruments in order to comprehend just how bad the Rams are. The Pick: Cardinals -4

Although I couldn't quite take the Patriots and lay 17(!) points against a former assistant, I have no problem with absorbing two other big spreads. Indianapolis should run away from the Bucs (when in doubt, go with the AFC). The Pick: Colts -9 1/2

And the Bills absolutely can not hang with Dallas. I know Buffalo will be jacked for their first home Monday Nighter since the heyday of Bruce Smith, but it won't matter (when in doubt, remember that the NFC is surprisingly even with the AFC). The Pick: Cowboys -11 1/2

We had our first losing week last week at 2-3, and sit at 12-9 on the season. Come on!

1 comments:

Cecil said...

Thought the same thing about the Pats game, and lo. They win by 17. Fuckers.

This is the worst football season since...oh, I dunno. Ever. Lookin' forward to that Arrowhead trip!