Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pickin' & Grinnin': It Goes To Eleven

I think I've finally cleansed the foul KansasCityness from all of my bodily orifices and I'm ready for some more NFL football. Only those beloved Broncos of mine play on Monday Night. And, I'm totally kidding. Kansas City's fine, and I loathe these Broncos. Or maybe I sort of love/hate both. Let's just make some picks, shall we?

The streak of 4-1 weeks has come to a close, kids. These things can't last forever. Now I'm not blaming Cecil for this debacle, but I did break from my normal routine of solo pickery/hand-sex for a little collaboration (on the picks, not the hand-sex) in the City of Kansas. And for signing off on those awful selections, Cecil gets a big raspberry. After a 2-3 we stand at 28-23. But this week is going to rock out with a cock out.

Remember back when we were riding the Falcons every week, on account of their undeservedly subhuman status in the eyes of Vegas? Well, don't look now, but the Dirty Birds are showing a little bit of filth lately. Joey is even acting all uppity at the prospects of being replaced by Byron Leftwich. Now that's the fire you've never displayed, Joey. Atta boy. Atlanta is hosting the Bucs this week and getting points. Now if Tampa was any good you might run and hide, but they're not. The Pick: Falcons +3 1/2

The two big spreads of the week are Indy and New England, as usual. And if you're only going to take one, go with the Colts. Not because they're better, but their opponent is much worse. Buffalo is actually playing well these days, while KC begins the Brodie Bangs Era in the RCA Dome versus an angry, beat-up team. I see many, many touchdowns being scored by the home blue. The Pick: Colts -16

Jags by 3 at home against the Chargers. Who's better? I think it's Jacksonville, but I also thought that Andrew Ridgely was the superior talent in Wham! The Pick: Jaguars -3

Sexy Rexy is back and loaded with six weeks worth of backed-up discharge. I predict the standard four-touchdown, three-interception explosion onto the chin and lips of Seattle. The Pick: Bears +6

And finally we matriculate to Invesco for the Tony Kornheiser weekly debacle. Tennessee limps in looking lost and pitiful, while Denver produced a dominant road win last week. I still think that the ex-Oilers are the stronger team, and I have lost more money betting against Vince Young than I care to recount. The Pick: Titans +2

3 comments:

Cecil said...

You can't blame me for this week, though. 1-3 so far and prepped for a 1-4--assuming that A. Haynesworthy Stomperson doesn't play on Monday. Enter the Selvin Young Era.

old no. 7 said...

Dude, I'll blame you for bad picks I haven't even made yet. I truly hope I go 1-4, and we stumble into first place. I'll feel kind of like this girl:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/0311_200_orgasms.shtml?rss.do

old no. 7 said...

Oh, and fuck you Bobby Petrino. Joey Harrington wins you two games and you dump his ass for awful Byron Leftwich? We're through, Petrino. Don't even bother calling.