Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday Whatnot: Know Moor Jay Are



Oh, the wise-crackery. Puck Daddy has broken -- far as I can tell -- the news that Jeremy Roenick will likely retire.

Here's a little L.A. disco inferno from Roenick:



And this one's cute:



I can't decide if Tracy Morgan looks more like Cecil or Old No. on skates. Probably Seven, though,



since Cecil seldom comes out of the tri-pod stance.

Anyway, peep J.R.'s stats here, if you please. Twenty years, 513 goals, 703 assists -- which, combined, lands him at the three spot in all-time points for American-born players -- nearly 1500 PIMs, and nine All-Star games.

1 comments:

old no. 7 said...

THAT is what the fuck I'm talking about. I would have had no clue that Roenick hung up his skates were it not for the intrepid reporting of one Bank E. Meister, who scours the frozens ponds of Manitoba and Moose Jaw for scoops and scuttlebutt. I honestly thought JR retired like seven years ago.

We can't leave this clip out, though.

It's not even so much me as it's Roenick. He's good.