Monday, September 8, 2008

Denver Broncos, Week 1: A Vigorous Entry into Oakland's Black Hole


7 and I have let Banky do all the heavy lifting around here recently, which you can blame on our being shiftless liberals who live off Uncle Sam's largesse. But, by golly, it's football season--yes, really--and I'm offering up the first edition of what will hopefully be a weekly pre-game analysis.

'Cept that this week, you'll all just have to analyze on your own because my computer is turning into the Mac equivalent of a fucking cave painting--I have to wait a minute to see the words I'm typing appear. And the game's on in 10 flippin' minutes and I don't want to get bogged down comparing second-string safeties when Hank Jr. starts.

At least I think we get Hank Jr. Maybe it's one of those deals where we get Trace Adkins or Menudo. I'd prefer Hank III, but that's neither here nor there. (Never thought about it, but that phrase describes itself.)

Anyway, so here's what I have: a prediction of Denver victory, 21-14. If I knew more about this Bronco team I'd feel better about it; alas, I do not. So damn the torpedoes.



Image from http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5242/losersqm9.jpg

0 comments: