Friday, January 8, 2010

Oops, He Did It Again

New Kansas City Chiefs Offensive Coordinator Charlie Weis and Head Coach Todd Haley held a conference call with the media today to introduce Weis. The audio and transcripts are available here, but what's most important is the transcript leaves the most important phrase out of the introductory paragraph. Have a look:

"As I’ve been sitting for the last month or so at home looking at the NFL and studying the different teams in the NFL, one of things that was really important to me was, as I was looking for a new opportunity, I wanted to go somewhere where fit was the number one criteria. There are several teams out there that are in a hunt for different types of coaches but there had to be a mutual fit, and my relationship with Todd and my relationship with [General Manager] Scott [Pioli] and several other people in the organization just made Kansas City look as one of the prime landing spots for me *and as the process went through and this matriculated* I couldn’t be any more pleased to join this organization. Philosophically, what Todd has expressed to me coincides so closely with how I see things in the big picture that this marriage just seemed a very, very simple and plain one. I’m very, very excited to be a part of a growing process that has been started here in the last year. I’ve been able to watch the team from afar for the last month and gain more familiarity and I’m really anxious to get to work."


The Chief rule is...

...that Thou Shalt Not Keep our Famously Misused Words from Our Blessed Ears. If Weis wants to re-invent the official Stram dialogue, so be it.

0 comments: