Wednesday, November 30, 2011

This Time. I'm Losin' My Mind, This Time: Sixy

My boy Adam Best once wrote that bloggers should never waste post space to mention that they've been out of the loop or on the sidelines, etc. I'm going against his advice right now to report that I've been out of commission for the entire month of November because I decided to get back in the restaurant business, which has been an adventure that is reaching upwards of 300 hours and one day off for November. It's apropos of something, though, that on this, the last day of the month, I'm squeezing some time out of my day to share with you a few of the songs that recently clogged my brain like a backed-up dish drain.

If this is your first time checking out this feature, note the following: I have no idea how these songs wind up in my head, and I do not allow myself to include tunes I've heard or been reminded about in any way. I also am lucky enough to have at least one song a week stuck in my head that doesn't suck. We'll start with it.

5. "Love Potion Number 9" by The Searchers



I was raised on oldies, so I love this tune. In fact, I don't think I've ever gotten tired of it. Also, I like to envision myself as one that would kiss "everything in sight," meaning hot ladies and not cops.

4. "Almost Paradise" by Mike Reno and Ann Wilson



I don't really have an opinion on this undying trend of remaking movies, and that's because I haven't seen a single one of them. I feel like I heard they remade Footloose, but I'm not for sure. What I do know is this: This song freaking blows. It's not nails on a chalkboard; it's meat tenderizer to the nose. Kill me. Now.

3. Queensryche's "Jet City Woman"



I can't say for sure that I've ever had any use whatsoever for Queensryche. I mean, I adored "Silent Lucidity," but before that song's release, I don't think I'd ever heard of them. I wound up buying a copy of Empire, because that's the kind of wasting-money-on-mediocre-music retard I was in high school, and so now that I mention it, I do have a use for Queensryche: You guys owe me 10 bucks. "Jet City Woman" is flippin' terrible, though. Just terrible.

2. "Daisy Bell" by Harry Dacre



Dude, I got no idea...

1. "Cool Night" by Paul Davis



Again. No idea. They just get there. But, if you're into big pimpin', you should totally use this song to get in good with the ladies. Like, text snippets of it as voice notes to all the gals in your top five list. It's guaranteed to work. It's universally understood that Paul Davis is synonymous with dripping-hot sex.

Anyway, I have no idea what week it was that I was tortured by these cuts, but there they are. Come back again soon for some more self-inflicted torture.

0 comments: