Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Morning Fracas: 8-22-08

When I went to bed last night, I was thinking to myself, "Man, I can't wait to get up and go to work tomorrow; the thought of sweating over a griddle for both the lunch and dinner rush again just sounds spec-fucking-tacular." So to start my day off, I'm going to include a picture of Miss Rice -- the Australian Olympic swimmer -- in her underwear. Why? 'Cause it's the GoreTubes, and I felt like it. Now, I myself have never owned any underwear like that. Of course, I've never had photos of myself in my underwear taken either, but that's a really boring story. What's not quite as boring lies ahead...

The first time I fought with my wife -- who was very, very far from being my wife at that point -- the topic of tantrum was this: dinner at her folks house, or attend my fantasy football draft. At the time, she hated football. Hated it. Now, she's a pretty big fan of it, and, I proudly sent the lil' camper off to her first fantasy draft of her own the other night. It made me curious, excited, and nervous. Curious to see how many of the other women had male assistance in draft preparation, excited for her to enjoy it, and do well, and nervous that she would fare better in her league than I in my own. In the end, I found myself feeling lucky. Lucky that she is not one of the women that belongs to this campaign, or club, or whatever you want to call it.

Speaking of fantasy, The NFL Draft Site has scribed a post consisting of fantasy sleeper picks. It includes a total of five whole players, two of whom are Calvin Johnson and Jason Witten. Nice work. Really.

This Little League World Series clip comes to us via Awful Announcing. They have many opinions on it. I, however, do not.





In Major League Baseball, there is one team that we here at the House of Georges will never fail to cover: Humberto's Dodgers of Los An-hell-ace. We all like picking up Hiroki Kuroda for a spot start in fantasy baseball, we adore the ManRam, and hell, throw skipper Joe Torre blogging into the mix, and consider my throwback Orel Hershiser jersey all but purchased.

Speaking of Los Dodgers, Ozomatli, one of my favorite bands of all-time, is now apparently on the payroll...



(clip courtesy of Sons of Steve Garvey)

That was quite unsavory. But speaking of throwback...



That's pretty good stuff, but I prefer the briefer, more on point rendition delivered by Cubs pitcher Ryan Dempster...



(clips courtesy of Big League Stew)

Bugs & Cranks wants to know who the bigger MLB villain is: Barry or Manny.

Finally, I'd be a liar if I said I didn't look forward to BDD's "Balls Deep" column each Thursday over on the Deadspins. I do look forward to it, mostly because it's freaking hilarious. I'm going to link to yesterday's piece, but before I do, please read this sentence: There is a picture of a woman with her breasts exposed at the bottom of the post. They are fully naked, rather largish breasts, thus marking the post Not Safe For Work. Okay. Just wanted to make that clear. The post is here.

Enjoy your Friday, people.

0 comments: