Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our Second And Last NBA Post Of The Year

I may have miscounted, it's very possible this is the third. Regardless, we need to extend hearty congratulations to the Celtics and the citizens of Boston, who finally, finally broke through and won a title last week. No longer will you be affiliated with the likes of Cleveland in terms of championship droughts.

I kid, of course, everyone hates Boston. Even me. And I'm a card-carrying member of Red Sox Nation. That allegiance was hatched out of family history and the lack of an MLB team in Colorado during my youth, however. I've never lived in New England, so fack those pricks. Fack the Pats and the Celts to boot. No matter what, if you bogart that much hardware you come off as an asshole. Share the wealth, fellas.

None of this has anything to do with anything, though. It's just an excuse to link to the fantastic Shaq video making the rounds (you can find it here, TMZ is a bunch of bitches for not enabling the embed feature). Now I don't know where you come off on Shaq--some hate him for being big and buffoonish, others appreciate his skill and place in basketball history, as well as his wit. Count me among the latter, I've always liked the big dope.

Likewise, I've never liked Kobe. I respect his talents, and he is right now unquestionably the finest player alive. But he's a prick, and he'll sell out a teammate in a second, and those teammates hold grudges. Thus Shaq's bit of eloquence here. Enjoy.

0 comments: