Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday ThumbTubes And YouNails

We now bring you live to another installment of ThumbTubes and YouNails, where we do absolutely nothing but post video clips, links, and photos that are occasionally complemented with colorless commentary and unimportant opinions. While we typically scour the Net for material related to the rough focus of this blog, it's never beyond us to include something random, distasteful, or completely disassociated with the sporting world. Join us after the jump.

We haven't checked in with our boy Rany in some time, but having done so mere moments ago, it's possible that we may need to expand upon the WalkOffWalk Watch, a Baseball in the Daytime in-post feature that lives and dies at random intervals each week. We would also like to suggest that Rany reconsider his sub-headline regarding Tony Pena, Jr., and perhaps examine his since-switching-to-glasses batting statistics.

While everyone's busy freaking out over LeBron James' "no regard for human life" (commentator Kevin Harlan) dunk, or Bron Bron telling his mom to sit down as she tries to give Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce a piece of her mind, I prefer to look at what James does more often than dunk/scold mom: travel.



The clip's old, but his non-dribbling skills have been on display this post-season as well. Or so I'm told. One of many (obvious) reasons why the NBA has become less and less appealing over the years.

The wily fellas at Kissing Suzy Kolber have offered another installment of their hilarious feature "Ask Jay Cutler." The series takes mailed-in questions from readers, and Cutler exerts endless amounts of time answering their questions with heartfelt answers, like this one:

I followed with great interest the recent news that you had been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I myself suffer from the same condition. I’m on a fixed income so dealing with it is a real challenge. I spend about $115 a month on insulin and that accounts for about 15 percent of my income. Sometimes I have to cut my dosage from week to week to make sure I make it to the next paycheck. I know the risks, but it’s something I’ve learned to monitor and live with. Certainly someone of your status has been exposed to effective strategies and low-cost programs for dealing with the disorder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And Go Broncos!

-Struggling with diabeing

(Cutler's response):Get more money.


In an effort to perhaps touch the warm fuzzies of the blanche feverpisses of the world, Bugs and Cranks published this post in which Orlando Cabrera talks about how awesome being on the payroll for Los Californaheim is. And apparently the Halos' manager is a pretty bright cat.

With all due respect to the other big league managers, Mike Scioscia is the smartest guy in the big leagues right now,” Cabrera said. “Any team you give to him, he’ll turn it into a team that wins a lot of games. He teaches you how to outsmart your opponent.


Sources tell us that Scioscia also: pours a mean glass of lemonade; dominates a chessboard; always has cookies and pie on hand; is a closet Dodgers fan.

Sticking with baseball and the teams of guys that frequent this site, here are a couple dudes enacting Boston Red Stocking batting stances.



And here are some pinstripes impersonations.



And the Baby Bears.



Those guys are, uh, pretty funny. I trust the Royals batting stances will be up within mere hours.

In all things NFL-related, we haven't enjoyed a good poke at the brothers Manning in some time here on the House of Georges. Somebody has, though.



And of course we must have something hockey-related. This post from Big Daddy Balls is pretty spot on. I find it hilarious for a lot of reasons. Primarily, NHL '94 on the Sega Genesis is the game that got me going on video hockey. And apparently, I was in the majority as my team was the Blackhawks. And I would get schooled over and over again by BDD's Mogilny move. It used to piss me off to no end.

When I got a Play Station though, I figured out the move for NHL '98, one in which on a fast break, you could skate down through the faceoff circle (skater's forehand side), cut back and skate along the outline of the crease, and almost always dump a wrist shot in the net. It was sweet revenge that I wreaked on many a guiltless party. Either way, the post is sweet, and the comments are, for the most part, pretty entertaining, too.

2 comments:

Blanche Feverpiss said...

OC!

Cecil said...

You so know that Scioscia wears baby blue underwear.