Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Baseball In The Daytime: 6-13-07

After a long stretch of no weekday baseball (which happened to coincide with an involuntary "vacation" for yours truly) we're both back in the swing of it today. No, I didn't get arrested (as far as you know).


Batting leadoff today are the White Sox and the Phillies, resuming their interleague series from Citizens Bank Park at 11:05 Mountain. Your starting pitchers are John Danks, bro and Kyle Kendrick, who's making his big league debut. Kendrick is the latest fill-in for the DL-bound Freddy Garcia. My buddy Booze, a big Phillies fan, is hoping that Garcia's injury results in death, as he's not that fond of the righthander. Morbid thoughts aside, you can catch this game on DirecTV Extra Innings Channel 734 and XM 183 (with the incomparable Harry Kalas on the mic, no less).

Furthermore, the fierce intersectional battle that is the Blue Jays and the Giants resumes at 1:35 from some park named after a telecom company. Dustin McGowan goes for the Canadian club, while the United Fucking States of America are represented by a kid named Tim Lincecum. I like Lincecum, but he's desperately in need of a nickname that has nothing whatsoever to do with either semen or that douche bag columnist for the Rocky Mountain News. DTV 735 and XM 185 are your frequencies.

And by the way, congratulations to young Justin Verlander on his no-hitter yesterday. I had absolutely no idea it had happened until I was reading my fantasy baseball matchup (yes, he started for my opponent, the HoG's own Blizzard of Nair), so I was unable to unleash my formidable jinxing powers. Next time, perhaps.

0 comments: